Canon announced today their new entry level DSLR, the Rebel T2i (or EOS 550D). Many of the features recently introduced in the Canon 7D have made their way down to the ‘entry level’ camera. Rather quickly I might add as I’m now a frustrated owner of the 7D.
Canon positions this camera between the 7D and the 50D. But there are rumors that a 60D will be soon announced. But I’m not sure what that would look like now that this camera has been released.
Why? Well, look at the comparison below. Everything with a ‘?’ mark is only because that information is not published to date. Will update when they release the full specifications.
Updated February 9th, 2010
The following features seem to be the defining difference between the 7D and T2i:
- Dual Digic 4 processors (Need to find why this is better. Is it for high ISO image processing? Just for speed boost to get the fps?
- 7D’s New AF System
- Magnesium alloy / Stainless steel alloy
- AF micro adjustment capability
- Quick control dial
- Custom settings on control dial
- Built-in wireless flash control